- Ph.D Researcher, Jena Center for Reconciliation Studies (JCRS)
- DAAD scholarship holder
- Researcher, DEMOS / Research Center for Peace, Democracy and Alternative Politics, Ankara, Turkey
- Dissertation title: "Local Approach to Transitional Justice in Turkey’s Kurdish Conflict"
- Currently Ph.D student in Reconciliation Studies at JCRS, Jena University, Germany
- 2017 Master Degree in Political Science at Ankara University, Turkey. The title of my dissertation: Collective Memory and Mass Graves: Experiences from Turkey and Spain.
- 2005 Bachelor Degree in Econometrics/Statistics at Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Research Interests
- Transitional Justice
- Bottom-up peace-building
- Gender and Feminist Analysis
- Collective memory and agency
- Quantitative Methods (Statistics)
- Kurdish Conflict
- Turkish, English, and German
- WS 2021/22: Teaching the course “Transitional Justice” at Jena University
- SS 2021: Teaching the course “Conflict, Gender and Peace” at Jena University
- 2010-2017 Political Advisor, Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM),
- 2013-2014 worked for the "Researching Ways of Social Peace and Evaluating the Commission on the Conflict Resolution Process," Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM), Ankara, Turkey
- Select Events
- 6-7 July 2021, Loughborough University, UK, Virtual Conference of Interdisciplinary Perspective in Transitional Justice, “Transitional justice from below in the context of the Kurdish conflict”
- 27 May 2021, Jena Center for Reconciliation Studies (JCRS, Germany) Colombian Days, “Gendering Peace: The Experience of Colombia and Turkey”
- 26 April 2021, Marburg University, Germany, Center for Conflict Studies, Colloquium: “Transitional Justice From Below in the Context of the Kurdish Conflict”the Kurdish Conflict in Turkey”
- 5 February 2021, University of Sheffield, UK, International Transformative Justice Network, “Work in Progress” Workshop: “Working for Justice Against the Centralized State in the Kurdish Conflict in Turkey”
- 8 June 2020, Jena, Germany. Center for Reconciliation Studies (JCRS): “Local Restorative Justice Practices of Kurdish in Turkey"
- 19-20 February 2020, Frankfurt, Germany. Goethe University, Critical Memory and Human Rights Second Annual Workshop: "Grassroots Memorialization in Transitional Justice: The Case of the Kurdish Conflict”
- 1 December 2018, Diyarbakır, Turkey. Human Rights Association, Human Rights Academy Annual Workshop: “Peace and Gender: The Colombian Peace Process”
- 5-6 May 2017, Istanbul, Turkey. Sabancı University. Women and Peace Conference: “Women’s Struggle for Peace: Experiences from the World”
- 12 October 2017, Ankara, Turkey. Hacettepe University. Presentation in Colloquium: "Collective Memory and Mass Graves: Experiences from Spain and Turkey"
- May 13-14, 2017, International Conference: Women’s Peace Struggle: Serbia, Kosovo and Turkey, DEMOS Research Center, Istanbul, Turkey
- May 9-10 2015, Women’s Role and Negotiation and Peace Process in Turkey, Istanbul, Turkey
- June 24, 2012, Regional Conference: Women’s Resolving Conflict Through Dialogue and Negotiation, Socialist International Women Regional Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey
- Select Publications
Daşlı, Güneş and Alıcı, Nisan, Bor, Güley. From Converging Roads to Narrowing Grounds: The Struggle for Peace by LGBTI+ and Women’s Organizations in Turkey, 21.09.2021, DEMOS Research Association, Ankara.
- Research Books/Report
Daşlı, Güneş, Alici, Nisan, and Figueras, P J., Peace and Gender: The Colombian Peace Process, 2018. DEMOS Research Center, Ankara, Turkey
Daşlı, Güneş, Alici, Nisan, Women’s for Peace: Experiences from Serbia, Kosovo, Sri Lanka and Syria, 2016. DEMOS Research Center, Ankara, Turkey
- Edited Books
Daşlı, Güneş and Alici, Nisan, Barış ve Toplumsal Cinsiyet: Hakikat, Geçiş Dönemi Adaleti ve Hafıza, (Peace and Gender: Truth, Transitional Justice and Memory), Dipnot Yayınları, 2019.
- Book Chapters
Daşlı, Güneş. Kolombiya ve Geçiş Dönemi Adaleti: Kalıcı bir Barışa Doğru mu? in Latin Amerika Çalışmaları, İletişim Yayınları, Dec 2020, in Turkish.
Alıcı, Nisan, Bor, Güley and Daşlı, Güneş. Turkey’s missing WPS agenda and implications for the COVID-19 pandemic, published on 28 May 2020, LSE WPS blog website