1. “Peace Education International Conference," Antalya 19-23, November 2006; organized by IPCRI
2. “Liberty and Justice and the Middle East Conference” organized by the Center for American Studies and Research (CASAR) at the American University of Beirut, January 7-10, 2008. Paper Title: "Studying American Studies in a Hostile Environment"
3. “Wasatia: From Theory to Practice,” Wasatia Second Annual Conference, Al-Bireh, 19 March 2008, Ramallah, Paper: “Wasatia in Religious Teachings"
4. “Connections and Ruptures: America and the Middle East Conference” organized by the Center for American Studies and Research (CASAR) at the American University of Beirut, January 8-11, 2010. Paper Title: "The Poverty of Knowledge"
5. “I am not my mother’s daughter," paper presented at a summer school on American democratic culture at Oberlin College, Ohio, Cleveland USA July 2011
6. “Studying American Studies in a hostile environment," paper presented at an International Conference Dec 3- 9, 2012, Hassan II./Casablanca University, Morocco
7. Women for Peace and Reconciliation, Alternative Approaches to Conflict Resolution Conference, 12-15 November 2015, University of Zurich, Switzerland
8. Religious Education in Palestine, Ethics Center, 12 May 2015, University of Jena, Germany
9. Empathy with Opponents? Why Palestinian Youth visited Auschwitz (Empathie mit Gegnern? Warum Palästinensiche Jugendliche Auschwitz besucht haben). Freiheit-Wozu Kongress: Zum Gedenken an die Befreiung von Viktor E. Frankl aus dem Konzentrationslager Türkheim vor 70 Jahren, 24.-26. April 2015 Bad Wörishofen, Germany
10. Transitional Justice Workshop: Contemporary theories and practices. St. Andrews Church, Jerusalem, 18-23 September 2016 Jerusalem
11. “Palestinian/ Israeli Conflict- Is Reconciliation Possible?" The University of Stellenbosch, 6-18th October 2016, Stellenbosch, South Africa
12. Conference: Peace in Colombia? organized and hosted by JCRS in Jena, Germany, 10th May 2017
13. “The Case of Palestine - History and Vision," paper presented at the Von Hugel Institute in a conference “Refining trust – Palestine in comparative perspective” organized by St Edmund’s College, Cambridge, 9th-10th March 2018
14. Workshop on Religion and Conflict/Religion and Peace under the auspices of the OSCE Network of Think Tanks and Academic Institutions, John Hume Boardroom, Edward M.Kennedy Institute, National University of Ireland Maynooth and St. Patrick’s College, 13 April 2018
15. Conference “Overcoming Evil through Good” organized by Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany, 23-25 of April 2018
16. "The urge for an “empathetic dialogue” – An exploration of the political and religious dimension of empathy," paper presented by Zeina Barakat & Ralf Wuestenberg at the Conference“Reconciliation in the Middle East and Northern Africa: An Interdisciplinary Research” organized by Jena Center for Reconciliation Studies (JCRS) at Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany, 11-16 of August 2018
17. “Women education and Gender Equality Rights in the Holy Quran,” paper presented at the Summer School “Islam & Democracy” at Europa University of Flensbug, Germany, 10- 14 of June 2019
18. “The Case of Palestine”, paper presented by at the Summer School “Religioese Identitat und Nationalgefuehl” in Kosovo & Albania, Epoka university 8-15 Sptember 2019
19. “ International Bonhoeffer Congress XIII” at Stellenbosh University, South Africa, 19-23 January 2020
Zeina M. Barakat. From Heart of Stone to Heart of Flesh: Evolutionary Journey from Extremism to Moderation. Munich: Herbert Utz Verlag GmbH, 2017
Book Reviews by
Articles in Journals and Chapters in Books
Internet Online Articles
Books In Arabic: